Terms and Conditions (Client)
- The tutor will be charged 50% of the tuition fee for one month as commission. This is payable after the first two weeks after tuition commencement.
- Upon completion of the first month of tuition, the tutor will be paid 50% of the tuition fee (as Eduline has already collected its 50% due). For subsequent months of tuition, the tutor will be paid the 100% of the tuition fee.
- The client will hold the 50% commission from the tutor’s first month fees and transfer the said amount to Eduline by cheque or through internet banking. The transfer should be completed by the end of the third week after tuition commencement.
- In the event that the tuition does not reach the 1 month term for any reason, kindly inform Eduline at the point of termination. Do not pay the tutor any part of the tuition fee. Eduline will collect the full payment for the lessons completed.
- Eduline does not allow advance payment. We do not collect any fee before the tuition starts and we do not allow our tutors to do so. Please do not pay the tutors any part of the tuition fee in advance. If as tutor were to request advance payment, kindly let us know.
- Eduline does not allow interviews or trial lessons. Please note that if after a few lessons the client is not satisfied with the tutor’s performance, a replacement can be arranged. The number of lessons completed prior to termination must be paid for.
- The tuition session must be scheduled for at least once a week. The minimum duration for one session is 1.5 hours.
- All tuition fee/rates will be determined by Eduline. If there is a need for negotiation, our customer service staff will handle your request.
- The tuition sessions must be conducted at a single address (either a home or office). Multiple locations for tuition must be made clear to Eduline at the time of requesting a tutor.
- Eduline will not allow its tutors to conduct lessons in public places like malls, void decks or CCs. If there is a pressing concern to conduct the tuition at any location other than a home or office. The 50% commission to Eduline must be paid in advance before tuition commencement.
- At no point should the client initiate steps to “assist” the tutor to circumvent paying the 50% commission to Eduline. We expect integrity from all individuals in our dealings (especially from our tutors who are educators).
- Tutor contact information will be released when the tutor arrives for the first lesson. Eduline will act as liaison between tutor and client at all points in time before the first lesson. After the first lesson, the tutor and client can communicate freely with respect to lesson scheduling.
Terms and Conditions (Home Tutor)
- The tutor is required to pay Eduline 50% of the tuition fee for the first month as commission for arranging the tuition assignment. The following table illustrates the fee according to the number of lessons per week.
|No of lessons per week||No of lessons in 4 weeks||No of lessons collected by Eduline as commission|
It should be clear from the above table that Eduline will collect 50% of the tuition fee in the first month (first 4 weeks of all scheduled lessons).
- Tutors are required to inform Eduline of any increase in the number of students, lessons per week or duration of an assignment after it commences. Failure to do so will be construed as a lack of integrity and the tutor will be blacklisted.
- The client will be responsible for transferring the payment to Eduline. The tutor should not collect 100% of the payment for the first month even if the client presents the full payment to them EXCEPT for some cases where Eduline will authorize certain tutors to collect 100% of the first month payment from the client. The tutor will then be required do the transfer of the 50% to Eduline.
- If a tutor decides to terminate a tuition assignment before the first month for ANY reason, the tutor has to pay Eduline 50% of the tuition fee.
- If the tuition is terminated before the first month due to action or lack of action of the tutor, the tutor will pay Eduline 50% of the first month’s tuition fee. The following table illustrates some examples and this list is by no means exhaustive.
|No||Possible “tutor causes” for termination|
|1||Tutor not punctual. Frequently cancelling lessons|
|2||Tutor not able to handle the subject content/answer student’s questions|
|3||Tutor using cellphone or other devices not lesson related during the lesson|
|4||Tutor using the tuition time to do non-subject related activities|
|5||Tutor arriving for tuition inappropriately attired. Tutors are encouraged to look to their own school teachers as examples.|
|6||Tutor trying to change frequency, duration or fee of the assignment.|
|7||Tutor exploring the house uninvited, asking personal questions about students family.|
|8||Tutor not staying for the full duration of the session, (arriving late/leaving early)|
- All tuition fee/rates will be determined by Eduline. Tutors are explicitly forbidden from engaging in negotiation with the client with regards to the established tuition fee. Any change in tuition fee will only be instituted by Eduline.
- Eduline will state a fee/rate for every assignment. Tutors are not allowed to state any other rate/fee at any point.
- Once the tutor accepts the tuition assignment, the tutor must attend the first session. Failure to do so will cause the particular tutor to be blacklisted and the tutor must pay Eduline 50% of the first month’s tuition fee.
- Tutors are required to be clear on all the details of the assignment before accepting it. Details such as location, timing and frequency should be checked for potential conflicts before the assignment is accepted. Eduline expects its tutors to show due diligence required of all educators.
- Tutors are not allowed to find their own replacement to conduct their tuition sessions if they are not available or if they decide to give up the assignment. If a tutor intends to give up an assignment after the first month, they should inform Eduline about their intention and Eduline will make the required arrangements.
- Tutors are expected to exhibit professionalism at all times. Tutors should refrain from exploring student’s homes, enquiring about the student’s personal family details or act in any way that would make the student or the family members uncomfortable.
- Eduline expects a high level of integrity of all its tutors. This is the minimum expected of all educators before teaching competency is even considered. Tutors should not attempt to find ways to circumvent paying the 50% commission to Eduline.
- Tuition agencies routinely share data of blacklisted tutors. Eduline maintains its own list of blacklisted tutors and regularly shares this list.
Terms and Conditions (Online Tuition-Client)
Eduline has moved its Home Tuition to the online space. Most of the terms & conditions for Home Tuition-Client will apply to the Online Tuition-Client
- Once a session is scheduled, the student must be available for the session. There will be no replacement session if a student does not “show up” for any reason. The student will be charged for all missed sessions.
- Parents can sit with the student during the online session. This is especially encouraged for young students (e.g. lower primary). At no point during the online session should the parent/s attempt to interact with the tutor. We do not want the online session to be dominated by parent’s queries/comments.
- Students are responsible for their own equipment. Students should ensure that their computer, internet connections, headphones & mics are in working condition before every session. The no relacement rule applies even if equipment malfunction is detected before/during the session.
Terms and Conditions (Online Tutor)
Eduline has moved its Home Tuition to the online space. Most of the terms & conditions for Home Tutor will apply to the Online Tutor
- Eduline Online tutors are expected to have a high degree of commitment to their online tuition assignments.
- Online tutors are expected to be proficient in using the online platform. Online Tutors are encouraged to get familiar with the online platform before commencing Online Tuition.
- Eduline selects its online tutors using a strict set of criteria. Kindly do not ask another person (friend, colleague) to stand in for any of your sessions.
- Tutors are expected to conduct the online session in a quiet environment. Background noise can easily feed into the microphone and make hearing for the student rather difficult.